Instructions for the Day After Surgery
▪ Discharge instructions will be provided.
▪ The staff will answer all your questions prior to your discharge.
▪ You will not be able to drive or return to work on the day of surgery
▪ Follow your post operation instructions.
▪ If you experience unexpected severe pain, heavy bleeding or a temperature greater than 101 degrees Fahrenheit, call your surgeon or immediately proceed to the hospital emergency room.
▪ Do not drive a car, sign legal documents, operate machinery, drink alcoholic beverages or use recreational drugs for at least 24 hours after surgery.
▪ The next working day after surgery, a nurse will telephone you to check on your progress.
For further information regarding your Surgical Instructions, please choose from the following. If you have any further questions, please call us at 810-667-4000.